General Warning Signs of Abuse
- Checking your cell phone or email without permission
- Constantly putting you down
- Extreme jealousy or insecurity
- Explosive temper
- Isolating you from family or friends
- Making false accusations
- Mood swings
- Physically hurting you in any way
- Telling you what to do
- Repeatedly pressuring you to have sex
- Name calling
- Nasty messages on voicemail
- Accuations of cheating
- Threats to use violence
- Threats to kill
- Keeping partner from family and friends
- Constantly questioning about activites
- Texting or calling partner all the time
- Criticizing partners looks
- Insulting partners family and friends
- Manipulating with lies
- Spreading rumors through the internet
- Threatening to harm self or commit suicide
- Forcing you to have sex
- Unwanted sexual advances
- Pushing the boundaries further than you are comfortable
- Unexplained ailments such as bruises, bites, burns, scratches, broken bones, and black eyes
- Fading marks such as bruses after being absent
- Seems afraid of significant other
- Tells you who you can or can’t be friends with on Facebook and other sites.
- Sends you negative, insulting or even threatening emails, Facebook messages, tweets, DMs or other messages online.
- Uses sites like Facebook, Twitter, foursquare and others to keep constant tabs on you.
- Puts you down in their status updates.
- Sends you unwanted, explicit pictures and demands you send some in return.
- Pressures you to send explicit video.
- Steals or insists to be given your passwords.
- Constantly texts you and makes you feel like you can’t be separated from your phone for fear that you will be punished.
- Looks through your phone frequently, checks up on your pictures, texts, and outgoing calls.