An Evening of Enchantment
On Saturday, October 26, 2013, Ladies Hospital Aid Society (LHAS) held its 115th annual black-tie charity event, An Evening of Enchantment, at the Omni William Penn Hotel. The evening’s proceeds from this special fundraising event will establish the LHAS Enchanted Forest.
The LHAS Enchanted Forest will be located in UPMC Mercy Trauma and Burn Center, one of ten burn centers in the country that care for pediatric burn patients. This room away from pain, The LHAS Enchanted Forest, will be a calming place where the youngest burn patients can retreat and indulge in appealing activities, games and toys, all therapeutic in nature. Pediatric patients unable to leave their bed will also have the option to play with portable toys and electronics purchased with these proceeds.
Please take a look at the brochure from the evening, including a list of our generous sponsors.
Child Life Department Wish List
- Apple iPad 2 – Tablet equipped with Wi-Fi to be used for distraction during painful procedures, stress/anxiety reduction and school work.
- Apple iPad 2 Accessories – Programs compatible with iPad such as iTunes, data plan, protective casings, and security cables to prevent theft.
- Laptops – Laptops can be used for homework and to connect friends and family while in the hospital.
- DVD/CD Library – A variety of media for children and teens.
- MediKin Legacy Teaching Doll and Accessories – Anatomically correct doll (with skeletal, muscular, digestive and other systems) to be used for patient education.
- Patient Puppet and Accessories – Doll to be used for patient education
- Patient Puppet Complete Table Top Set – Puppet sized MRI/CT scanner, IV Pole, hospital bed, and bedside table.
- 32″ Flat Screen TV – For games and videos in playroom
- Ellison Die Cutter and Dies – Machine used to quickly cut out letters and shapes for patient projects.
- Journey to the Wild Divine – Biofeedback software and accessories to help patients explore the mind/body connection in real time; teaches relaxation techniques for painful procedures.
- High Chair
- Pack N Play
- Play Yard – Hexagon shaped play space to keep infants and toddlers safe while playing.
- Clothing for children of all ages – Many children come to the burn center without clothing and may need something to wear in the hospital and when discharged.